Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall Dining Room

Hello!

I spent the weekend gathering up fun items to decorate our dining room table for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.  I love Thanksgiving.  It's one of the few times that my family sits around the table for a meal together as one is off at college and the other is busy working and spending time with his girlfriend.  That leaves our youngest at home so we spent the day outside looking for colorful pieces of nature to bring inside for the table. 

I happen to love decorating with things from outdoors.  They are beautiful and don't cost a thing.

Here's what I came up with...

We found a tree with simple but colorful leaves and clipped a few branches to put them in a pitcher of water.  Then we found a few leaves scattered on the ground that we liked and placed them on the table.   Simple, but just the way I like it.  :)


The painting on the wall behind the table I picked up at a flea market for $3.  I was completely smitten with it as it is of a mother and her child.  It reminds me of how much being a mom as filled my life with love and happiness.


We had a couple of vintage wooden cigar molds in our store so I scooped them up and drilled 1 1/2 inch holes in the top to allow for little tea lights.  Voila, instant candle holder.  I love them and it worked out perfectly cause I didn't really know what to do with them otherwise.

And of course I always use my mini breadboards, engraved with my kids' birthdates.  Available here.


Some crisp white napkins, vintage silverware and some antique brown transferware plates completes the simple table decor.


That's pretty much it!  It's been a while since I decorated anything so it was really nice to get back into it and I do love the holidays!

Have a great week!
Diana

Follow along between posts on Instagram. 

15 comments:

  1. Love all the natural elements from nature that you collected and brought in to your pretty dining room. Looks so pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dining room is one of my favorites and it looks so pretty dressed up for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous. I love the leaves as a centerpiece. Simple, but says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that kind of table decoration. Your table is gorgeous. Best regards, Beata

    ReplyDelete
  5. danke für die inspirationen!!! liebe grüße und einen schönen montag von angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fall decorations turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. I love all the natural touches. And of course, the wood boards and tea light holders. The plates are gorgeous, too.
    And I thought I noticed this in another post, but forget to mention it. You painted your lower kitchen cabinets white again! I still see the photo, from when you posted the grey and the open shelves, on Pinterest every day. It's one of my favorite kitchen pictures and apparently I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your chandelier & the table is amazing!! Looks so nice!

    Paige.Rose
    www.TheQuaintsanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The table setting is fantastic! I love the individual breadboards for each setting, how brilliant! The leaves are stunning! ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this room! I have been looking for a chandelier similar to yours, where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this table! is it the same one you made (an earlier post) the legs look the same however the tabletop looks more rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just came across your blog today. I absolutely LOVE it! You have made such a beautiful home. So inspiring! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is one of the most inspiring blogs I visit. You have style that is livable and super pretty too.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have become completely obsessed with your blog this week! I am enjoying all of the inspiration and I candy it has to offer. Thank you !! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!