Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Anthropologie Inspired Gift Tags

I always take inspiration from Anthropologie during the holidays.  Their gift wraps and tags, as well as, holiday decor are so happy.  But the prices, not so much. 

I recently came across their holiday wooden gift tags and became completely smitten with them.  I love using nature in decor and even better that it's something that comes from your own backyard.

I knew these would be ridiculously easy to make so I went looking around in the backyard for a log, preferably a dead one that was already somewhat dried out.  I found the perfect one about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and used a miter saw to slice it into 1/4 inch slices.  I used a drill bit to make a small hole in the top and threaded a piece of twine through it.  Done.


I made homemade vanilla this past summer to give away as gifts for Christmas and I thought these would look cute on the little bottles.  And I can't wait to use them on my gifts.


Note:  I tried making these with some logs that my hubby cut fresh off a tree and the wood was still so wet inside that I didn't think it would work.  I was worried they would crack during the drying out process.  I didn't coat these with anything.  You could probably seal them with polyurethane if you wanted.   But I like them natural.


Super easy and free and I was able to make a big pile of them.  I love giving gifts so I need a lot!  LOL  :)


Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!


Follow along between posts on Instagram!


21 comments:

  1. what a great idea and they are so cute! maybe you can offer a bunch of them in your shop!!! hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well Judy! xo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful...love it ! Things you make yourself are so much more precious and brings more joy in comparison to an expensive store bought product :)
    A very Happy thanksgiving !

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love how thin you got them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! These tags are simply perfect for your gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get them so thin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cleaver .. I see this going on my 'honey do' list :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! What an awesome idea, I like yours much better than the ones Anthropologie has on their site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! What an awesome idea, yours is so much better than the ones by Anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh!!!! I love these as tags! I made some bigger ones 5 years ago as ornaments for our tree...I still love them SO much! I'm making salted caramel sauce to give as gifts, and now I'm envisioning them adorned with cute gift tags. Oh my goodness, I'm excited...thanks Diana :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful natural idea! I believe I'll make some as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI! I just found your blog while browsing Pinterest, which led me to a blog, which led me to another Pinterest board, and then to your blog. Then, OMG, my mouth dropped and I have had this page open for like 20 hours because I didn't want to forget where I was and left off, and I wasn't done drooling! (had to sleep and get up and work, but kept coming back to read another blog post in between edits! ) LOVE it!! You inspire me to declutter and make this home OURS. Thank you for sharing your ideas and home! JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! Your kind words have just made my day! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  13. Just darling! Such a great idea. I love the simplicity of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi there…..I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog……you have some wonderful talent…..I just added your blog to my blog list because I have recently been changing my style from primitive to what I call earthy comfy casual….I still have that love for prim’s and have a few girlfriends that I share their homes on my blog for my prim friends…..but as you can see in my header…my home is a work in progress…and as I love to decorate it is forever changing…hope you will stop by and see how I am doing…..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally love your style, some really great ideas there that I may borrow! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!