Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Scones


I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I can't get enough pumpkin during the Fall season.  I love it.  Especially in scones.  These are simple, fast and so tender and flaky.  And I may or may not have eaten them all myself at midnight last night.  ;)

Pumpkin Scones

2 cups all purpose flour
7 TBS sugar
1 TBS baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
6 TBS cold butter, cubed
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3 TBS heavy cream
1 large egg

Spiced Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar
2 TBS whole milk
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Combine dry ingredients in food processor and pulse to combine.  Add cold butter and pulse until butter resembles small pea size crumbs.  Set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, heavy cream and egg.  Whisk until mixed together.

Fold into wet ingredients.  Form dough into ball and pat into a 9 in x 3 in wide rectangle.  Cut into 3 equal portions.  But those 3 portions diagonally so that you have 6 equal triangle shaped slices of dough.

Place on greased baking sheet.  Bake 14-16 minutes.

Combine ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over warm scones.


Enjoy!


13 comments:

  1. Yummy! Anxious to make these....have everything except the heavy cream :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look amazing! I'm sure I would eat every one!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I have been waiting all day for you to post. I am planning a harvest brunch and I wanted to test drive these. I am sure they will make the cut.
    Goodness, did you eat all of them?? LOL, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I have been waiting all day for you to post. I am planning a harvest brunch and I wanted to test drive these. I am sure they will make the cut.
    Goodness, did you eat all of them?? LOL, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy. I love pumpkin and plan on making these this weekend. Kind of a test try for when I have company over the holidays. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so amazing. Thank you for sharing such a great recipe. I hope to make these one weekend with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have several pie pumpkins from the Farmers Market that I need to use up, and my son specifically requested pumpkin scones! Now I have a great recipe to use :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try these, they look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merhabalar,
    Bloğunuzu çok beğendim ve izlemeye aldım. Bana da bekliyorum. Güzel paylaşımlarda buluşmak dileğiyle. Sevgilerimi bıraktımmmm…..:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yum. I could definitely go for one of these with a cup of coffee in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm drooling! I love pumpkin too ~ and the spices add so much.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made these for my family and it was a HUGE hit!! Very easy to make and the flavor was incredible! All three of my kids (5, 7, & 9) had 2 and my husband asked me to make them for work. Wonderful recipe!! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!