Monday, September 9, 2013

Home Office

Hello!  Lots of changes going on in our house and so that meant finding a new place for our office.  We didn't want it in the bedroom anymore because we're trying to keep that room a relaxing place so the next best option was our rarely used living room.  So, I carved out a little corner and here's what I came up with.


Excuse all the cords.  I just can't figure out how to hide them.  The cow watercolor painting came from this Etsy shop and I am completely smitten with it.  She does all kinds of animals if you'd like to check it out.


The cute little owl lamp came from Walmart, believe it or not, and I love it.  I made the yardstick planter and maybe I will do a tutorial on it in the future.  It wasn't easy, let me tell ya.


I've been collecting vintage drawings and paintings so I gathered them all up and put them in a basket beside the desk.


I have changed this room quite a bit so I hope to show you more pics of the finished room soon!

Have a great week!

Follow along between posts on Instagram.

17 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love the owl lamp - it's adorable! I have a similar table in my foyer, and the lamp cord were showing as well. What I did was tape the cords along the back of the table, and then down the leg. Once they made it to the floor, I just plugged them in. But at least it eliminates seeing the cords against the walls. Thanks so much for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Amanda! I think I'll do that right now! �� Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Love it! If you have too many cords and the tape doesn't hold them, you can also use those adhesive command hooks to run them along the back of the desk. It works great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your space. Thanks for sharing. Oh the owl is so cute.. I wonder if they still have them. I will have to look...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll have to check out that lamp next time i'm in wal mart...it's soooo cute! glad to see your post this morning, hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the drapes! Where did you find those? I love all of your design choices - planning to take a cue from you on my own living room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your office area looks great! I get so excited when you post! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a desk and chair almost identical for my home office as well. I also had a lot of cords showing and just used 3m to hide them all along the back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely corner - love the little "pictures" on the wall - what are they made of? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really cute little office! I bought my boyfriend the same cow watercolour off Etsy for my boyfriend last Christmas! I love seeing it in your office! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your office space looks great, it's functional and beautiful at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little nook you have created. I am smitten with Miss Elsie too!! How adorable!! And cords are just the most horrible thing to hide. I've seen where some creative person made a fabric tube with elastic on each end and slipped it on her cords (sounds like a lot of work, lol!). I think my kitties would just find it fascinating and make a mess!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Beautiful Room! Love your style! I love the curtains mind telling me where you got them and are they lined?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! They are from Target. They aren't lined but they are fairly thick and you can't see through them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!