Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer Porch

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is get up early in the morning and sit on the porch swing while listening to the sound of the sprinkler hitting the grass.  That combined with the scent of the freshly watered grass wafting through the air is truly magical for me.  It is my favorite part of the day.  Especially when these girls join me....


There really is nothing quite like a relaxing summer morning.

Truth be told, our porch swing was a little on the uncomfortable, ugly side so I wanted to do something to make the swing just as dreamy.  I came across this photo on pinterest and thought disguising the ugly chain with heavy rope was so clever, not to mention fun and whimsical, so that's what I did.


I picked up the rope at our local farm store and had them cut it to the size I wanted.  It cost me about $10 for 25 feet.  I wanted to have plenty to wrap around the chain on the swing.


Isn't it fun!?  I'm so happy with it.  Of course, I had to make some new pillows to make it all comfy too.  :)  So, if you're a detail oriented personal like me and don't like the chains on the swing, here's a great way to hide them.

Our front porch, as well as the exterior of our house, has had some changes and updates that I will share soon!

Take care!  Hope you're enjoying your summer!



18 comments:

  1. This is just lovely, and the chickens! Oh I wish we could have a few, but between the doxies and the homeowners association I think we are doomed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful and welcoming! i want to come sit on your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how nice! Such a beautiful setting you created. I'd love to sit with you with a glass of sweet tea in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love it! Wish I had a porch. I sooo want a swing. Love the hanging jars for tealights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your porch and that is a GREAT idea with the rope. I just may have to copy that one. Beautiful post! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is so lovely, i really like your stripy floor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana, your girls are adorable and the porch too. Thanks for sharing, love your taste, there is so much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful, I am going to pinch the idea of putting sand or rocks in the bottom of the jars for the tea lights. Never thought to do that. xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I had a front porch with a swing I would have to copy this idea. It looks wonderful. I love your chickens. I wish we could have some but I think the HOA would frown upon them.
    Your porch looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had a porch and a swing I would copy this idea. It looks great. I love your chickens. I would love to have some but I think the hoa would frown upon them.
    Your porch looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy summer mornings, sweet Diana. I love it...but especially your little friends. :) I am in the middle of making scrappy bunting for our outdoor sitting area...little touches make all the difference!! XOXO
    BTW, your plants are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your porch is absolutely dreamy and perfect! Looks like something straight out of Southern Living magazine. :-) I would "die" for a porch like that. *sigh* Even better with all the chickens running around! Love how you covered the swing chains with rope - so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your summer porch and the chickens are adorable too! New Follower.

    jody

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your porch - and your ferns are gorgeous too! Love the "lanterns" hanging near the swing chair - what a great idea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! I would kill to have a swing. :) Seriously, sitting outside in a swing is my idea of a little piece of Heaven. Your lights and plants make the porch just perfect!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would you be willing to share your source for the brown and white printed curtains? I'd love them for my office.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would you be willing to pass along the source for your brown and white printed curtains? I'd love them for my office, such a clean, distinctive look.

    Thank you,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!