Monday, September 24, 2012

New Series - Reader Redos

I think one of the things I find the most rewarding about designing and decorating is visiting the thrift store and finding a sad, inexpensive piece of furniture with good bones that just needs a little love.  I've always been able to instantly look at a piece and envision what it could be.  I truly enjoy that.  I also enjoy gaining inspiration from others and their finds and redos so I thought it would be a lot of fun to start a monthly series featuring thrift store before and afters from our readers.


Beginning in October, I will choose a reader redo to feature a couple of times a month, maybe more, depending on time.  I want you to send me your before and after photos of thrift store or garage sale finds that you've reinvented or repurposed and I will choose a couple (or more) to feature here on the blog a month.  You don't have to have a blog to do this, anyone can send them in.  Just provide me with a couple of photos of your piece and a detailed description of what you did to redo it, including whatever products (paint, sandpaper, etc) you used, as well as, your name.

Photos and info can be sent to ourvintagehomelove@gmail.com
Please put Reader Redo in the subject line. 

You can check out my thrift store redos by clicking here.

I think this will be a lot of fun!  It's my version of a linky party (which I have no idea how to do) but a little more personal.  I'm looking forward to featuring your project! 
Hope to see lots of redos in our inbox!

Did anyone work on a redo this past weekend?  I'd love to hear about it in the comments section!

Enjoy your day,
Diana


13 comments:

  1. I love this idea! This weekend I've been working on making my own chalkboard from a 5-dollar ugly piece of art...when I'm finished maybe I'll send you some photos :)

    Kate
    Something Ivory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all the redos. Just make sure that you keep showing us yours. (and your beautiful inspirational home)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet makeover! My latest makeover was a 6 cube storage piece that I turned into a console table by adding legs, a wood top and wood veneer to the sides. You can see it here: http://designdreamsbyanne.blogspot.ca/2012/09/taking-cube-storage-to-new-level.html

    Love the idea for your redo series, can't wait to see your choices!

    Have a great week,

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I have done some cool pieces of my own and thrift store finds. Let me know if you want some pics! Kitchen table, bookshelf, chairs, and bedroom furniture! The only problem is I might not have before pics!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently working on a few pieces that would be perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this ,DIANA! Maybe this will help get my creative juices flowing again. I think they are on a major vacation. I am still checking my sidebar everyday for hints of your new shop. I can only imagine the fun you are having. Lvoe to YOU and happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will soon be working on my very "FIRST" redo. I am so excited! It is a Vermont Rock Maple bureau that my neighbor had put out on the sidewalk and I hurried to it pick up.

    As so as it is completed, I will send you the before and after pics.

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!! Here are two re-do's that I've done recently! :))

    http://jenandjercook.blogspot.com/2012/07/free-up-cycled-bathroom-shelf.html

    and

    http://jenandjercook.blogspot.com/2012/06/from-headboard-to-bench.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!