Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Mini Bread Boards - Limited Supply

Hey there!  Hope everyone is having a good summer week.  I've been working like crazy to get more bread boards in my shop.  I've gotten kinda lazy about it and started receiving many emails asking if more were coming.  So, I've come up with something that I'm really proud of.

Now let me back up a bit.  Several months ago a friend of ours gave us a truck load full of walnut from trees that were on his property.  It was gorgeous but at the time I was so busy, I just put it in storage and kinda forgot about it.  Around that same time my hubby came home with these.


I really didn't know what they were but from the looks of them, they were what I had been looking for as far as my bread boards were concerned.  They seem to be some type of branding iron tool, alphabet punch thingamajig.  Only problem was this was all there was.  Only a few letters.

Fast forward to now.  During the time that I've been making these bread boards, I've had lots of people request them to be in walnut instead of maple.  So, I decided to offer both my original set and french set of mini bread boards in walnut.  


These will only be available for a limited time as when I run out of my walnut, they will be gone.  Of course, I will always still have them available in maple.


And the special touch that I added to each board with the iron tools is this.


It is the word "YOU" and I put it there because I thought it was perfect since each board is for an individual special person.  I was lucky that out of the few letters I had, I was able to come up with this word.  I burned it into the wood by heating up the iron tools.  It is very subtle but I think, pretty special.


I also brought back my medium walnut board that I had available during Christmas, also with an engraving, but instead of "YOU", I've engraved the word "ONE" because it is a single board and not part of a set.  Not everyone may agree, but I think it's a neat touch.


As well as my long rustic walnut board.


And I've listed a special set of my french set in walnut as well.


This is the set that is part of my giveaway.  So, it will be available for a limited time in my shop as well.  

So, if you are interested in any of these things, click here to head on over to my shop.  I've also listed more maple mini sets for all those that have asked.  

Remember, the WALNUT MINI SETS are only going to be available for a very short time.  When I run out of this walnut, that's it.  I will however still continue to offer the large and medium walnut single bread boards as well as my maple mini bread board sets.

Have a great day!

Diana

15 comments:

  1. Love!! These are awesome! Sweet little touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like the letter punches that are made for jewelers. They are also vailable at sme hardware stores if you want to grab a set. :-) Your bread boards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci pour partager cela avec nous tous. Tout le monde veut de choisir les robes les plus

    appropriés pour lui-même. Vous pouvez visiter notre burberry vente shop.we avec une bonne qualit

    é. Vous pouvez trouver. Obtenez votre robe dans notre boutique Chemises pour hommes ,Chaussures pour hommes , Polos pour hommes . Enfin, vous souhaite à tous heureux tous les jours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana,
    Those are gorgeous!!!!!
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh!!! Yes, yes, yes I'm interested! I will be heading over to your shop after this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why my ipad doesn't let me continue typing sometimes....
      anyway, just wanted you to know that I've been following your blog since spotting pics on pinterest, and now I am trying to refashion my home after yours! So much beauty you are able to create.
      Thank you for truly inspiring me :)

      Delete
  6. I can't believe I FINALLY got some of these! Yay!! They always sell out so fast when you make them. Just nabbed Mini French Bread Boards in Walnut - Set of 4. My blog photography is going to be improving nicely soon!

    Are they here yet? ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana,
    I do some jewelry making and you can get those letter punches on Amazon and I am sure other places for really cheap. I have a full set in a cut little wooden box and I only paid $11.00 for them!
    Thought you would like to know:)
    Marci Scobee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for that info Marci! Was curious as to what they were. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi, I just love your blog..in the beginning stages of one myself. I see we have similar tastes in decorating. Can I ask what you use to finish the boards with and are they food safe? Just wondering because I notice that you have them pictured as part of a table setting. I hope to order some before you run out.:) I know exactly where I want to display them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, the only thing I put on my boards is raw natural pure dark tung oil and mineral oil. The tung oil I use is NOT the tung oil available in home improvement stores. The natural oil I use is 100 % FDA approved for use on cutting boards, butcher blocks, countertops.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful. You are so talented. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really believe what you have come across are square nails. The reason I say is that we just returned From a trip to Maine and I bought a ha dull in an antique store. Then when I was in a home the owner showed me the nails in her floor. They were the same!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!