Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Engraved Bread Boards For You

Hey there!  I hope you are all having a good day.
I was so excited after reading the comments on this post because thanks to readers Michelle and Marci, I learned what these were.


My hubby found just these few in a storage shed he bought the contents of. 
 So, because of their help, I was able to purchase a full set.


Which means that now I can engrave my bread boards!  Yay!  I'm so excited about doing this because I think being able to personalize them for you makes them extra special.

I practiced on a few to show you how they look.  The letters punched are 1/4 inch and 
fit the side of the board perfectly.  Engraving will only be done on one side.

Here's a look at how they look on the maple and walnut boards.


I just used the word EAT as an example.  You can have anything put on the boards that you'd like, up to 10 characters.  For FREE.  There will be no extra charge for adding the engraving to the side of the board.


We came across a piece of cherry wood in among all the walnut.  Cherry was my Dad's very favorite wood so I made a board for me in his honor with his name on it. 
 I know he would've loved it.  


It would be fun to have each person's name in the family engraved on a set of mini bread boards.  I'm going to do that for my family boards. 

Click here to order bread boards.  If you are interested in having them engraved, just state what you would like on them in the NOTE TO SELLER box when placing your order.  I can also do numbers, or numbers and letters together, if interested as long as it is 
up to 10 characters TOTAL.

Enjoy your day!
And thank you Michelle and Marci!  :)

Diana

15 comments:

  1. what a great detail for your breadboards......it will make every board extra special!

    what are those called? dies? are they for leather tooling but work with wood?

    I will definitely be placing an order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that detail. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea diana! i guess it's the southern girl in me but i love anything engraved and/or monogrammed.

    love how you honored your dad with his own special breadboard....i'm sure he would have been proud to have had his own made by you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana, I'm new to your site and wanted to say that I love your style and your innovation and the way you seem to just adore your family and your home. I just started my own blog and I think you've done such a good job in only one year of building a following--it's inspiring to me! I will keep visiting.

    All the best,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard for me to tell from your picture, but the letters your husband found? If they're old, they are more likely letter press punches than for jewelry or leather. Look up letter press printing and you'll find a whole world of possibilities. :) There's a letterpress revival and it has now crossed over to things like jewelry.

    Also, technically speaking, you aren't engraving. Engraving involves cutting away or carving away. I think the best description is probably stamped which is how the jewelers refer to it but it shouldn't, obviously be confused with something like rubber stamping. With these punches you're stamping into or punching into your medium.

    Sorry to get all geeky on you. :) Former graphic designer, art historian, and teacher here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, no matter what it is a stamp or a engraving tool. I love it I think I'm going to have to order one for my son and his new bride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This question is totally off topic, but I am just wondering where you buy the drop cloth that you use for a lot of your art? Also just want to tell you how inspirational you are to have 4 kids and a successful marriage of 20 years, and have the ease to create such amazing pieces of art. Love your site and visit quite often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky, thank you! I buy drop cloths at Lowes. They are usually available at any home improvement store. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. Glad you found them! That is the same set I have or it looks the same!
    Marci:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what you do, or if you sign/brand your bread boards, but I think you should include a tag on your pieces. It's a great way to brand your products! Here is a mid range electric wood branding iron that would work.

    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10369&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PLA&gclid=CKnI9JqPq7ECFUXc4AodeU4AGg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, now you've really done it! :) I will have to have a set of these but need to figure out the word. Looks gorgeous, as usual.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute blog! LOVE! Thank you for sharing so excited I found you!

    http://abeptite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!