Sunday, June 3, 2012

Our New Shop!

Hey there!  I know a lot of you have been wondering what's up with our shop, as I've received tons of emails asking what the heck was going on.  To be honest, we didn't know either.  We became unhappy with the little white house we were planning to use to open our new shop.  There wasn't enough space and because the layout wasn't right inside at all, it was just going to require too much work.  Those things just kinda derailed our motivation and we almost gave up. 

Well, that turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  While we were stalling, trying to figure out what to do or even if we should just give up, an AMAZING old building on our historical main street became available.  It's right smack in the middle of our quaint little town, along with some other wonderful shops and has fantastic architectural features.  It is truly gorgeous.  There is so much history behind these buildings.  Best thing is that it is move in ready, 
except for a coat of paint and some cleaning.
We have a couple of months to get it ready and we can't wait!!

Our new shop will be called Vintage Accents.  It will have a mix of everything vintage, plenty of architectural salvage and all those wonderful things my hubby finds on his picking trips and storage auctions, plus lots more.  We're working on a little video to give you a better idea of what it is and the wonderful location, so, stay tuned for that!  I can't wait to show you all and I really hope that when we get it open, you will come see us!


This is really a dream come true for both of us so it's also a little scary terrifying because you just never know how these things will turn out but we sure are going to give it our all and have fun while we're doing it.   

Watch for the video coming soon!

30 comments:

  1. They say the key to happiness is having dreams and the key to success is following your dreams. Congratulations to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things just fall into place because they're meant to be - all the very best with your new shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana,

    I have wondered how things were coming along with your shop....just goes to show you that things don't always work out the way we envision but that usually means there's something better around the corner!

    Can't wait to see your gorgeous shop filled with your special touches!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exiting news..I looked at so many places before someone came looking for me and my shop found a home. I on Main Street in our downtown area. I wish you all the best..the next dew months will be a whirlwind but so worth it when you turn that key on Grand Opening Day

    MJ
    Lucky 7 Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting - I'm sure it will be fabulous!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! And thanks for taking the time to comment today! :)

      Delete
  6. Okay...now I am really.really.really excited for you!!! You deserve the very best! Hugs to you, sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Sure wish you lived closer! What fun!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! I truly believe this is the right space and of course, you're going to be successful. "God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." Better location, design and a lot less work.

    Can't wait to see it! Only wish I were closer ~
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news! I love our Main Street. It is always busy with lots going on. I can't wait for you to open.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue M.

    Wow, what a great adventure for you. Good luck and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You're doing what I wish I could...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was curious about your shop too, I can't wait to see the new building, it sounds cool. I am going to live vicariously through you with your shop. It is a dream of mine to have one someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just started following your blog and I love it! What state are you in? Curious about where your shop would be, I'd love to come see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!