Monday, March 5, 2012

Vintage Walnut Rolling Pin and Shop Update

Howdy friends!  I love when it when I come across a great bargain, especially when it's on Etsy and involves something I adore collecting.  Now, let me back up a bit.......the good thing about being sick in bed.....online shopping.  The bad thing about being sick in bed.....online shopping.  And I did a good bit of it while I was laid up with the flu a couple of weeks ago, but shhhhh, that's a secret.  Every now and then a girl just needs to shop to feel better.  In my defense, it doesn't even count if each thing you buy is under 10 bucks, right?!  :-D

One of my favorite places to shop is Etsy and during my little shopping spree, I came across this absolutely wonderful solid walnut rolling pin for only 6 bucks!  
 I could NOT pass that up because if you read our blog or visit my Etsy shop, you know how much I adore walnut and also how I adore rolling pins and collecting them.
What a treasure this thing is.....can you imagine all the wonderful stories behind it in the kitchen, families making pie crust or bread dough?  I'm sure there is a lot of love behind it, too.
And it will definitely make rolling out dough for a pizza a lot more special and fun because of those things.  I just love that.
 The almost black aged color of the walnut is gorgeous.  And I love how it is all one solid piece, instead of rolling handles.
Any of you collect rolling pins? 

Shop Update:
We haven't gotten much work done in our shop because of, well, life getting in the way, but our goal is to open up at the end of April.  We're gettin' busy and hoping to share some photos soon.  We'll post the address as soon as we're ready to open, for all those that have emailed asking.  We appreciate your support in this huge adventure we are taking on more than anything and it never would have been possible, or something we would even consider, without YOU!  So, thank you!

14 comments:

  1. I have to say your blog, your home, and your taste is just amazing. The first time I found your blog I kind of went crazy pinning stuff to pinterest. Its so inspiring and beautiful. Oh, and funny thing...I found a coffee table in a furniture store this weekend that is obviously cheap and modern but was made to look like the cart you refinished and made into your coffee table. Yours is much more beautiful, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! It means so much!

      Delete
  2. Diana, what a beautiful find! I collect rolling pins, too and am looking for a great way to showcase them ... any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a blog post showing how I display mine on barn wood. :)

      Delete
  3. I love your rolling pin. I have never seen one that dark. I have one that is almost identical...but is lighter in color. It belonged to my grandma. There is nothing like using an old, loved rolling pin. Well, you know I can't wait for your shop, but better to take care of the family and wait on the shop a bit, right? Hopefully all are healthy now and the broken down appliances are fixed! Happy Monday! Still absolutely loving every.single.post! You are the best! LOVE TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Your words of encouragement mean so much to me!

      Delete
  4. Anxiously anticipating your shop opening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Etsy Shop did you find the pin on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed you! So sorry you've been sick...I know that's no fun. LOVE your rolling pin! Can you believe I can't find mine??? Weird, right? I thought my daughter had borrowed it, however, she says no. I've been borrowing my neighbor's until I find the perfect one for me. Glad you shared!

    Can't wait for your shop to open ~ you deserve all the success in the world.
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. What shop did you get your adorable rolling pin from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've picked up a few rolling pins, one that looks exactly like yours. I have a tiny one too that we let our daughter use to roll out her Play Doh. I've recently opened an Etsy store to sell some of the small items I find. Check it out and let me know what you think.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CityFarmhouseAntique?ref=seller_info


    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweet girl! It's been a while since I paid you a visit... bad bloggy friend here. But YES I love rolling pins... they are darling and this one is super cute. I keep wanting one with no handles... I think those are my favorite.

    Happy Tuesday night.:)
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice find... in our area you can find alot of older rolling pins at flea markets. Found your site looking for old rolling pins becasue I make alot of them in my shop, looking for new designs. I love your site, lot of cool project and decorating ideas. Showed my wife and didn't get my laptop back to 30 minutes.

    see some of the rolling pins I make in my shop.Rolling Pins

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!