Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vintage Dental Cart/Table

Happy Monday!  Last week my hubby purchased the contents of an old home and while a lot of it was junk, we did find a few goodies, one of which was a very cool vintage metal cart/table.  I immediately remembered seeing something similar at Pottery Barn, so, 
I was pretty happy that this was among all the junk.
We thought this was the perfect space for it.  And I thought it would be great to use as a snack or drink cart for our own kiddos or when we have guests over since this is usually the room we entertain in.  
 Another special little find was this set of glasses with a "G" on them, perfect for our family.  I almost didn't find them as they were in the bottom of a box covered in ick.  But after a couple of hand washes and a go through the dishwasher, they are like new.
The cart is metal with castors and the shelves are heavy porcelain, maybe?  I'm not really sure, but they are very heavy.  I didn't have to do anything to it other than give it a good cleaning.
We also found this cute little silver bowl that I filled with pumpkin seeds,
one of our favorite snacks.
We're just crazy about this nifty little table and think it fits in perfectly with the rest of the room.
I love little surprises like that.  What do you think?

38 comments:

  1. What a great find! And you are right - looks like it was made for that spot! Brenda M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! What a great find!! And it is perfect for that spot, as if it was just waiting for it!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love how you set up your new table, looks perfect!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it.Looks perfect in your home.You two are always finding the coolest stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be so excited! To find a table this nice & the glasses - perfect. It looks great there. I'm very happy for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looks wonderful. You two find amazing pieces and sure know how to fix them up and incorporate them into your home. I have to ask... what do you do to your pictures? Ortonish??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, yes! It's my favorite editing feature! :)

      Delete
  7. The table is beautiful. You guys find great stuff. I love where you put it and how you're using it. Great glasses and bowl too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are the shelves marble? That would make sense for its original use. I love the glasses having a G name also! Love visiting your blog - you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani, we were thinking they could also be marble, too. They are really heavy and chip easily, as I discovered while trying to wash them. :)

      Delete
  9. What a great find. It is perfect for that spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shape of the frame, and those glasses are perfect, we're G's too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to shop where you shop! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh -- i love that table! such a perfect fit! and, i love that end table...is it butcher block? beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What awesome finds. And it's inspiring to me as I quite often dismiss 'dirty' things, so perhaps I need to take a closer look in the future and I might find some 'treasure'!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dental cart is perfect for that spot and so stylish! Great finds!
    I'm a new follower- I was wondering where you got the little side table beside your couch. Love the think wood top!
    Thanks, Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca! I made the little table with an old iron frame and salvaged bowling alley floor. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh my- that's why I love your blog!! You are so talented! I am really looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!
      xo, Bec

      Delete
  15. What a unique piece! It looks perfect there! Love the glasses, too. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one is so much nicer than the Pottery Barn one.....turned out so nice. Your husband has the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely piece - well done in spotting it and the perfect place for it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome find - loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am totally jealous of your little cart/table! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a GREAT find and it's perfect in that spot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That dental cart is fabulous!! What a great little treasure! I've seen a lot of those recently in different decor magazines. Your room looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think you hit the jackpot! The cart is wonderful and I love the silver dish. Perfect spot for it too.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  23. What is that color on the walls?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!