Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Mantel/Ledge Ideas

Hi everybody!  It's the middle of the week, I've got tons of work to do working on our new shop and bread boards so this will be short and sweet.  I hope everyone is having a great week so far.

We don't have a fireplace, though I sure wish we did, so I use this ledge that I built for our mantel.  I always try to keep it simple when decorating it for the holidays.  
Just some simple greenery that I clipped from some trees in the woods, bright white candles, some silver candle holders for a little sparkle and I added these vintage spools for some warmth and because they look a little like candle holders.
I think it all goes perfectly with the rustic pallet bench hubby and I built. 
I made the stockings from leftover pieces of canvas painters dropcloth and then wrapped the tops with jute webbing for a little texture.
And some nights, we remove the stalkings, add a bunch of candles to the top of the bench, light them and pretend it's a fireplace.  Hey, you do what you gotta do, right?!  I'm off to work!  

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Be sure to link up to the Mantel Link Party at Rhoda's!  Lots of fantastic ideas!

18 comments:

  1. Your stockings are adorable....What a clever idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh truly relaxing...it is serene and calm and yet fresh & vibrant all mixed together. well done!

    www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your home is stunning. Seriously, that photo is amazing. I love this look you put together. So wintery and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, love the simplicity of it with just the mirror and candlesticks! Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi- I'm a brand new follower.. saw your mantel linked up and loved your style.. did you make those crate benches under your display? I didn't see them anywhere else on your blog. Thanks! Danfish316@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, welcome! We did make the pallet bench, I just added the link into the post. I haven't posted a tutorial yet, but hope to in the near future. Thank you!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your house,and Ideas! sssooooooooooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. #1 I LOVE your house.
    #2 the Christmas decorations look wonderful.
    #3 I love that pallet bench.
    #4 Can you come to my house! HA!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving "simple" these days and am inspired by those who share their beautiful simple Christmas decor. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! So simple and beautiful, less is more always works!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the old crates! It looks so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh everything is just so so so cute!!! Way to go girly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Love the shelf and the bench. You two are quite a team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your house. Could you tell us what colour you painted your walls in the living room? Thanks.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks sooo lovely!! LOVE it all!
    :-)
    shaunna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Completely gorgeous. Love every drop! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love your blog! love the holiday decorations!good luck on the shop! was also kinda wondering - if u dont mind - what is the paint color u used in the living room - its gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, the paint color is called Manchester Tan by Benjamin Moore. And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!