Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas

Hey there!  Decorating the table for Thanksgiving dinner with my family is one of my favorite things to do.  It's a time we are all able to come together as a complete family to share a meal and be thankful for our many blessings, so I like to make it special, so, they will feel special.  I know it's a little early but as I was taking photos of my new bread boards, I was inspired, so I went with it and wanted to share some simple, inexpensive ideas with you.  I'm certainly not an expert, but these are some ideas I have fun with and maybe you will find them helpful.
For a simple rustic table runner, try a coffee grain sack.  I love the natural feel and warmth it brings to the table and I'm giving away 5 of them!  Details coming soon......
Vintage serving flatware pieces are a charming addition, as well.  You can find these all the time at tag sales and flea markets and they aren't very expensive.
For napkins, I like to use something simple and pretty to balance all the rustic elements.  Same idea applies to dinnerware.  I choose something a little more modern for plates, bowls, glasses and serving pieces.  Our dinnerware was a gift from my man for our anniversary and I am crazy about them.  
I love vintage salt and pepper shakers, as well as, more modern unique styles (the blue glass salt and pepper bowls with tiny spoons came from Anthropologie).  While you don't need this many, of course, it's fun to mix and match different styles.
An old crate full of plain white candles makes a simple but beautiful center piece.  I like to pick up white candles at the dollar store because you can get much more for your money.
Last, but certainly not least, a couple of pumpkins.  I picked up these gorgeous heirloom varieties at my local grocery store.  The color of each of them is beautiful.

If any of you are struggling with how to decorate your table for Thanksgiving dinner, like I do, I hope you will find some of these ideas helpful.  Nothing fancy, just simple and warm.

This is my newest set of walnut mini bread boards.
I'm very happy with them because they correspond with all my walnut bread boards for any of you that like things to match, as I do, occasionally.
Click here to order.   Lots more of my other bread boards have been listed in my shop, as well.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!  I'd love to see pics of your Thanksgiving table.  Email 'em to me! :)

18 comments:

  1. I am so excited about the holidays and they are right around the corner. Thank you for the warm ideas and for getting me even more excited! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! So inviting & rustic :) I love this style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo excited for my bread boards to arrive!!
    will do a blog post on them once they do and will let you know...can't wait to photograph them on my table...and use them of course! Enjoy your blog daily....
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. so excited for my bread boards to arrive! Cannot wait to photograph them on my table...and use them of course! enjoy your blog everyday...
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your rustic modern table setting! I love coffee sacks too. I have one like what's on your table made into a pillow and on the wall stretched over a bulletin board in my kitchen. I love decorating with graphics in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great looking ideas, I can't wait for the holidays, I know your home will be gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What super ideas! I appreciate they're pretty inexpensive ideas, too, but still have all of the charm of autumn. Gorgeous! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table setting! Love your bread boards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute ideas. I would take a table like this over a fancy one any day. Much cozier, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI, I recently found your blog and read through all the archives over the weekend. You have a lovely home full of personal touches.
    I love your little breadboards and the story behind your inspiration to make them.
    I'm going to sign up to follow so I don't miss a thing.
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bread boards on the table..Cute idea..
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI,
    I've bought several bread boards from you. Can you tell me how to care for them. You had enclosed it with my shipment but I have forgotten. Also, what kind of wood do you use for the bread boards that aren't walnut? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tammi, just wash them with soap and water and dry right away. Don't put them in the dishwasher as they will split. Also, once or twice a month, rub them with mineral oil, which you can find in any drug store, to keep them looking beautiful and to condition the wood. I use maple and walnut to make my bread boards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the wood crate with white candles... I have that too, and LOVE it!! It looks very sweet girly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - what a great blog! I just came across it doing some Thanksgiving decor searches. I can't believe the stuff you come up with using ... well a bit of everything! I love your pallet sideboard (in a later post) and love the coffee sack table runner here. Very, very fun and cohesive style. I'll be back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love love the bread boards! your table looks amazing! Thanks for sharing and posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!