Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Fun Wreath

Hello, hello!  I should say this first, I've never liked wreaths.  I've tried, I really have but I've just never cared for them much, except for the wreaths made of Christmas greenery hung during the holidays.  But then I saw the perfect wreath that Ashley made over at The Handmade Home and I fell in love with it!  It has an Anthropologie vibe going on, in my opinion.  And I'm a sucker for ruffles and fringed canvas edges.  So I made one for myself following her simple tutorial.  The only changes I made were that I used painters canvas drop cloth and a styrofoam floral wreath form.  Here's my version.
Here is a closeup of the texture and fringe.  LOVE.
I love that it goes with the room since we keep the front door open a lot in the fall.  Never thought I'd find a wreath that I loved but I did!  Thanks Ashley!  Have a great weekend friends!!

P.S.  Friday is the last day to leave a comment on this post for the coffee sack giveaway!  The two winners will be announced Saturday morning.

13 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm going over to see how it's made. Looks great on your door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is so pretty!It looks beautiful! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that wreath. It is perfect with your interior! I would think a burlap wreath or book page wreath (for indoors) would work in your home too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! It is so you! Very unique and creative to fit your home. Very rustic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your version. I do wonder how it might look made of rustic burlap. Too messy? mmmmm Deborah E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wreath is wonderful and a perfect addition to your home. I ♥ drop cloth, so will make mine with it like you did. Did you do 3 layers? It looks different and I like it better. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that!! Super cute. I am kinda with you on the wreath thing, I tend to only like the fresh ones my Mom mades and the one I made of vintage ornaments for Christmas but other than I am over it. This one could have a place in my home always tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very classy. It sure looks great, and very welcoming on your door.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I might need to make one with some burlap, I discovered I have TONS of burlap that I forgot about :) Thanks for the idea! I will check out the tutorial!

    ~Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking wreath, looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana,
    Could you check and see if my order for my bread boards went thru o.k. on your end please..the order was paid thru my paypal on September 26th but i have not seen the boards yet.....it would be under chris or steve hardine with a paypal payment on 9/26/11...thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris, I sent a private email to your yahoo email address regarding this order. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!