Thursday, September 1, 2011

A New Addition

Hey there!  I spent a lot of last week working on a new large walnut bread board that would be the perfect companion to my mini bread board sets and I was so happy with it when I was finished, I cried.  Okay, not really, but I sure felt like crying happy tears.

I have a serious love affair with walnut.  I think it is such a gorgeous wood.  Especially in the form of a bread or cutting board.  The dark rich color reminds me of an heirloom that has been passed down to each family member that holds lots of special memories in the kitchen.  I really do enjoy making bread boards because they combine two things that I admired so much about my dad.....creating things with wood and cooking.  Here's a look......
It is the perfect size for an entire loaf of whatever kind of bread you love.   And it looks great with the numbered boards or the regular boards on a rustic table.
Or you could use it to serve appetizers.
Isn't the color so beautiful?!  These boards are very near and dear to my heart.  I have 4 of them for sale in my Etsy Shop and will have more soon.  If you'd like to order one, click here.  I hope you will love and enjoy them as much as I do.
A person who purchased my boards the other day told me that they inspired them to have friends and family over for dinner.  That just made my day.  Because these boards are a way that I honor my dad, I hope they inspire us all to spend more time at the table with the people we love.
Have a great day!

20 comments:

  1. That is fantastic; someday I hope to order everything! The large bread board would make a great centerpiece by itself; it's beautiful! And I have a space on my wall where I would love to hang the numbered boards. {love making plans!} Great job once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Diane, I love it. It is so beautiful! Looks great with your mini boards. Are you going to sell the bigger boards? If so when, where, how much??? Your Dad would be proud! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the walnut board and your photos really show it off! I used to have walnut floors in my old home so I, too, have a love affair with that wood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous board! Your color schemes are great in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing! I just love your home/blog so much. It is very inspiring, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana...how special! I know we are loving our boards! Pottery barn would do good to hire you! Your table looks so inviting and lovely in every way. Love to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new bread board is beautiful!!! If I could ever get a homemade loaf of bread to turn out I would definitely need one of these!
    I also have a question...where did you get your dining room table and chairs?! I have been looking for a white/wood table for so long or I'm going to make one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have found THE item of the year here! You are always sold out. Congrats...but I want. Boo. Soon, very soon. Love the table setting, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Teresa! Don't give up, there will be more listed soon! I truly feel blessed and appreciate the tremendous support I'm getting for something that means the world to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christy, I built my dining room table. See my dining room redo post on my sidebar to read all about it. The X chairs I bought at Target many years ago with a dining room set, and the two end chairs I picked up at a flea market. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and Christy, thank you! I use store bought bread a lot on my bread boards. Seems like half the time my homemade bread will turn out great and the other half, not so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous!! I'm so happy for you...and I know your Dad is. :-)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was also going comment on the soft colors, so pretty. Can we come over for dinner now....... ha ha !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos of your lovely tablescape and a beautiful bread board, Diana. I have three pieces of rough cherry from my fil's former sawmill that I would love to do something with. Partly for the beauty of the wood but also because my fil no longer has the sawmill on his farm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are amazing! I'd love to get one to give to my wife! -jonathan jonathan.d.waits@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!