Friday, August 12, 2011

Burlap Bread Board Bags

Hi!  Happy day to you!  Finished up with a burlap drawstring bag for my bread boards and I have to say that I think it's the cutest little thing!  Get ready for a lot of photos! ;)
I really wanted something lovely to keep my special boards in and at the same time, I wanted to make the bag pretty special, too.
The bag is made from 100% burlap and the drawstring is natural hemp twine.  I stenciled the initials of my Etsy shop, Vintage Home Designs, on my bag, but for anyone who wants this bag and purchases it from my shop, I will put any initials or numbers you would like, with a limit of four.  I thought it would also be special to put your child's birth month, or you and your sweetie's anniversary month.   Or, if they are a gift, you could request the initials of the person you are buying it for.  Wouldn't that make the recipient feel pretty special!
I can only do up to 4 letters or numbers.  This bag will be listed in my Etsy shop for $10 + 4.95 shipping.   I will be setting it up as a custom pre order listing so convo me on Etsy to let me know what monogram or numbers you would like after you purchase the bag.
They look great sitting in the kitchen or you could hang them from a hook or put on a pretty shelf in the dining room.  I love their rustic feel and anyone who reads my blog knows that I LOVE that, and hope you will, too. :)
And for those of you who have purchased walnut boards, they will fit perfectly in these bags, as well!  We are desperately huntin' for some rough walnut so I can start making those boards for you again.
 The bag measures 9 1/2" x 14 1/2".   If you're interested, hop on over to my Etsy shop!

Have a great weekend!


15 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I'm a new follower. Found you thru Pat at Gypsy Heart. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so preciously creative. I love these!!! I have put all of my bread board into a cute little galvanized pail on the counter, and I have to tell you that they are perfect when my kiddos want to slice up an apple or cut a bagel for a quick snack! We love them!! I'm so glad I was able to grab some from you. You are rocking the Etsy thing girlfriend. Keep it up! :)

    Blessings,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! You come up with the best things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! They only make the bread boards better...
    Great job!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the design of the bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! So glad you added these ~ will have to decide on my gifts and get back to you.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, We have some rough walnut boards - but they wouldn't be local to you - would have to be shipped. Interested at all?

    ReplyDelete
  8. a.w., send me an email via the contact page. We might be interested, depends on your location. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I've found your blog. Wow, your bread boards and bags are gorgeous. I really love that vintage look on them. I can imagine how pretty they'll look with my fresh baked bread sitting on the boards! :) I'm going to check out your Etsy shop now.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your glass canisters with the flour and oats (?) in them...do you mind sharing where they came from?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jenn, the glass canisters came from Target! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your bread boards! I popped over to your esty site and there were none for sale, hope you restock soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!