Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thrifting Day Finds

Hey there!  We participated in the I Love Thrifting Day this past weekend and Hubby and I found all kinds of great things!  Check out our loot!
I'm sure most of you know by now that I LOVE anything vintage for the kitchen and I was so excited to have a friend alert me to these wonderful rolling pins!  We got the lot for only 20 bucks!  I have something fun planned for them in our kitchen, I'm so excited about that!  Aren't they beautiful?!
Next up were these enamel pitchers.  Love enamelware, especially the red variety.  They are so bright and cheery!  And this Campfire Marshmallow tin is so much fun!  It's summer on a can!  Can't wait to put some freshly cut flowers in it for our kitchen.  Less than 5 bucks for all of it.  :)
Hubby and I love vintage maps and so we grabbed these up, along with some vintage post cards from 1910 to add to my collection.  Super fun!  The maps were a quarter each while the vintage postcards were $2.50 each.
One of these maps is a map of Queen Elizabeth National Park in Uganda and is dated 1965.  I just think it's really cool so I'm planning to do something fun with it for our den redo.  The colors in the map are lovely, aren't they?.
We also scored some more vintage yard sticks to add to my always growing collection.  Thinking about a really cool idea using the yardsticks for my little guy's room.  He just loves them!
This is our collection so far....

And last but not least, we picked this table up for just 22 bucks!  It's all chippy and perfect!  I didn't have to do anything to it.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, yet, but I just couldn't pass it by.  The color is amazing and so is the green paint peaking through on the legs.  Here it is with the sides down.
And with the sides up....
Isn't the texture great on the top?
A close up.....
Love, love, love everything we picked up!  Each find will add a special touch to our home!

What are your favorite thrift finds?

Have a great day all!

P.S.  Stay tuned for a fun, yummy recipe to make with your summer peaches!

19 comments:

  1. Great finds and super prices! I love the maps. One of my favorite finds was something from craigslist, so not exactly thrifting. It was a set of English white ironstone--8 place settings and extra pieces for $60. However, last week I very regretfully had to pass up a super deal at a garage sale. A woman was giving away 6-7 antique doors, including a small barn door! I have absolutely no use or space for them in our small townhouse and no place to store them for resale. I hope they found a good home! Boo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Diana! You hit the motherlode!!! I love everything you bought. That enamelware pitcher would look great with a big bunch of sunflowers. Those maps, rolling pins, yardsticks, chippy old table.....swoon!!!

    Can't wait to see how you use all in your beautiful vintage home.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! GREAT finds! i love the table!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You found some amazing things! The table is lovely! Great day Thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I love it all. Drooling.
    I passed up THE COOLEST dresser at a thrift store recently that I actually had a dream about. I went back this week and, of course, it was gone. Ahhhh. I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Linden Townhouse, your ironstone find sounds amazing!! I love ironstone, it's so beautiful! Mindy, don't ya hate it when you go back and something you wanted is already gone! Happened to me before, too. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that dreams about furniture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sooo jealous! I have been collecting rolling pins for a while. Love the table...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv all the finds and can't wait to see what you do with them.

    Claud :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your finds! I have that same campfire tin! I love the fact that marshmallows used to come in a tin!? :) that table is spectacular as well! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!!! I love everything you picked up! You have such an eye for vintage styled items :) I wish we could go thrifting together! I can't wait to see what you do with the rolling pins, and that table is amazingballs! SUPER CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Carla! It would be so much fun to go thrifting together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the goodies you found especially the table..... can't wait to see where you put it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diana, so glad I found your blog.. I love it so now I am your newest follower... love the little blue table can't wait to see what you do with all your great finds

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alright girlfriend, I want to go wherever you went to get all those great finds!! How fun! We don't have that many good places for vintage items near me, but I sure love it when I get to go out looking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see what you do with the yardsticks and LOVE that table!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love your finds...those rolling pins are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I'm visiting from Traci's Beneath My Heart! I will have no problem following you. You have a great blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!