Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend!  In honor of the occasion, I thought I'd post a pic of the flag wall art I made for my little guy's room.  I just used extra pieces of hardwood flooring, a star cookie cutter and craft paint.  He loves it and it didn't cost a thing.  It's nice to still have a child young enough that wants me to decorate his room.   My teenagers want their own styles, and that's okay, too.  :)
We've had so much fun this weekend celebrating and spending time together.   My favorite kind of weekend. :)

P.S.  I'm in the process of trying to slipcover my ugly den sofa after being inspired by this settee in Anthropologie.  I'm just crazy about it and wanted to try to create a similar version.  It's the most frustrating thing ever It isn't easy, that's for sure, but I'm determined to get it done.....I hope.  :)  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I love your flag! What a great idea to use the hardwood flooring! Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana!

    I am in love with your blog and stumbled upon it on Pinterest!!! I have already had my husband make the vintage "looking" ladder! I love this flag wall art and was wondering if you could give more details about how you did it...such has how it is put together and how you painted the stars with the cookie cutters and the paint you used, etc. Thanks so much...Angie Rice @ arice4272@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!