Saturday, April 16, 2011

Asparagus Gruyere Tart


A favorite vegetable around our home is asparagus. I impatiently anxiously wait all winter long for the spring season, when it's flavor is at it's peak, then start buying loads of it at the grocery store to include in my cooking. I thought this tart would make a lovely lunch today. Buttery puff pastry topped with gruyere cheese and tender asparagus, mmmmm. It's really easy to make and the taste was simply wonderful. You can find the recipe here. Happy Spring!

5 comments:

  1. This lovely Asparagus Gruyere Tart is one of our favorites. Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to coming back and seeing what's new in your lovely home. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments! You have a lovely blog and I'm enjoying reading it, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! My two favorite Dianas are here! I loved this recipe and have been craving it ever since. I've been trying to think of what other complimentary cheese would go with this as well. Went to the asparagus festival we have here each year just yesterday and came across some fabulous recipes. I am so glad spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridgett, what about fontina cheese? You are so lucky to live near an asparagus festival! That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man these recipes look awesome! I am totally going to try this sucker out tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment today! I read every one and they always put a smile on my face! Thanks for stopping by!